Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Paris...still a WOW!

I always dread arriving at CDG (charles de gaulle) airport. It's one of those airports that are not user-friendly. For a budget traveler like me, taking a taxi from the airport to the hotel is out of the question, it's expensive for me. Taking a bus to the city is not a bad idea, but, it is a hassle. The bus will just go to the main part of the city, and must take a cab to the hotel. Well, with the luggage and a hand carry to haul, not even sure if there are up and down stairs to walk..., bus is an added inconvenience. So...the best transportation for me is the AIRPORT SHUTTLE. These are private vans that take passengers from airport to their hotel. The downside is: there are other passengers so the waiting and the dropping off take time. But, I am not in a hurry, so I don't mind. In fact, it is more of a first hand view of the city.
It's so refreshing to just relax..not to mention take a shower...after a long trip. The hotel is right in the city, I leave anytime I want when I get bored.
Viewing from the window of the room is relaxing...seeing the changing colors of the leaves, still with green colors, appreciating the nature....

Took selfie with sistah....
My ME TIME...walking around the champs elysees..  
I used a tripod, did not want to ask a favor...however, a man was hovering behind the statue (where the camera was). I realized that 10second-timer is kinda long especially when one is paranoid of his/her property.

 I took pictures as part of my landmarks near the hotel, so I won't get lost.
 As I walked,  I got into this strip of pricey shops....the facade was not that enticing, have not been the brands I know, I won't even get interested at those stores...Dior, Gucci..
The smell of the barbecue is so much for me, I really have to get into it...but when I look at the meat on the grill..I decided to get just a plain old crepe...not that good, the nutella was even dripping on my chin..
Paris still amazes me. The statues, big parks, vast spaces, WALKING is one of the best ways to go around...of course, it is tiring..as I said...I am a budget traveler.
Arc de Triomphe
du Carrousel, Paris

The Arc de Triomphe du Carrousel (architects Percier and Fontaine) was built between 1806 and 1808 by Napoleon I following the model of the Arch of Constantine in Rome. The two arches conceived by Napoleon, Arc de Triomphe du Carrousel and the Arc de Triomphe de l'Etoile, were erected to commemorate his victories, and the grand armies he had commanded. The bronze horses which originally perched on top of the Arc de Triomphe du Carrousel were taken from Saint-Marc of Venice. These were later returned after WWII.
The monument is richly decorated in rose marble on the columns and the front paneling. It is part of the so-called Grand Axis of Paris — or Voie Triomphale — which consists of the Grande Arche de la Défense to the west, the Arc de Triomphe de l'Etoile at place du Général Charles de Gaulle, the boulevard Champs-Elysées, the Obélisque de Luxor at the Place de la Concorde, the Tuileries Gardens, the Arc de Triomphe du Carrousel, and the Palais du Louvre (Louvre Museum) culminating at the eastern end.
-----I gave up using my monopad....
The Louvre Museum is one of the largest and most important museums in the world. It is housed in the expansive Louvre Palace, situated in the 1st arrondissement, at the heart of Paris.
It has Venus, Mona Lisa to name a few....it's one of my favorite places. I would definitely visit it again and again.

 What is nice about Europe i.e. Paris, it is a bike city. People bike around, from/to work, leisurely, or just about anything. Seriously, I got tired walking. I decided to ride a pedicab. It's pricey, but it is another way to go around the city.
 Right at the doorstep of my hotel..


No comments:

Post a Comment