Saturday, October 18, 2014

Buddy Bears in Berlin, Germany

Here in Germany, I see bears...with artistic craft, all over the city. It is a challenge for me, because, it is like a game whenever I see one, I would easily take a photo regardless of where I am going and what I am doing.



The story of the Buddy Bears started with an artistic event in Berlin in 2001. Inspired by the idea of bringing art in the streets of a metropolis like the cow parade in Zurich and New York, the initiators of the Buddy Bears, Klaus und Eva Herlitz, decided to start a street art project in Berlin.


 It was quickly agreed that a bear would be the ideal sculpture for the backdrops of the German metropolis. The bear - Berlin’s heraldic animal with a high level of public appeal – was envisaged to capture the hearts of Berliners and their guests in various different designs.




 These bears are next to souvenir stores, shops.......




 The project was a great success that we mainly owe to the fantastic artists who gave each individual bear a unique identity. The bears were visible all over Berlin, attracting thousands of delighted looks.

 On a moving bus....I quickly clicked this one...

 Nowadays, the bears have become an integral part of Berlin’s cityscape and travel around the world on their global tour.
 These bears are my added picture collection of Bears in Germany :)

No comments:

Post a Comment