Sunday, October 26, 2014

Food Tripping...in Berlin, Germany

   What is nice about  Berlin, it is not that expensive (compared to other cities in Germany). Food is easily available, ...Italian food is also superb.
   Ok...I will try my best not to overwhelm you with the food selfies....

Pretzels on the go...

Ken's pork ribs....yeah...very American

I'm just playing with my camera... :)

Fresh fruits...

Hotdog on a bun....

Ok..now this is very German.....sausage sprinkled with curry powder (not spicy)
what makes this yummy is the sauce...not just catsup and mayo...
I think they added some other spices

Onion soup....with sour cream

Some kinda hamburger with curry powder (not spicy) and the sauce


Grilled pork with sauerkraut  and potatoes

I forgot what Ken ordered..but it was good...

We go Asian-y....easily available anywhere...

Noodles topped with stir-fried veggies and chicken.....

A sample German menu....

Turkish dish...some kinda omelet with veggies inside, fried rolled bread, with condiments.
You have to excuse me...Ken did not tell me the name of this dish...'just trying my best
to describe it....it was good, actually.

 Supposedly Invented in Berlin..... Although Germany may be more commonly associated with sausages of all kinds, the number one street food that is found everywhere would be the döner kebap sandwich. 

You'd have a hard time finding an inner-city workplace where no one is having a döner for lunch,
One of my faves ...
.Doner....it's everywhere, so I can survive.

 Doner kebab is a Turkish dish made of meat cooked on a vertical rotisserie, normally lamb but also a mixture of veal or beef with these, or sometimes chicken. The dish is also widely known by its Arabic name "shawarma" or the Greek name "gyros"

German  cheesecake.....hmmm...hmm... 

People who love to eat...
Are always the best people.
---Julia Child

Freundschaft Bee...

No comments:

Post a Comment